By Alfred Agudiebube
The re-elected governor of Abia State in the Saturday governorhip election in Abia State, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has rolled out his 10 points agenda in the coming four years.
The agendas as presented by Ikpeazu look promising as they concerned all that the people are yearning for and are yet to get.
The agendas include: 1. Completion of all ongoing road projects started by Governor Okezie Ikpeazu. PH Road, Osusu, Omuma, Ngwa Road, Ohanku, Obohia, Uratta and Ururuka Roads will be prioritized at Aba while Aba Road to Ubakala, Ikot Ikpene Road and Isi Gate will be prioritized in Umuahia. Ofeme-Nkpa Road, Abiriba Ring Road, Abiriba-Nkporo Road, Ozuitem water scheme, Isuikwuato erosion control and others will be prioritized in Abia North area.
2. Construction of 500km of new roads across the state, using the $100m AfDB facility that was recently availed to the state, will be fully executed from this month.
3. Systematic clearance of all salary and pension outstanding in the state including that of parastatals will also be embarked upon. We will focus on rejigging some parastatals to make them self sustaining and able to pay their workers as and when due while also defraying all pension outstanding, and strengthening the free home care service program to take better care of our aged parents.
4. Governor Ikpeazu’s administration will start work on two new flyovers at Aba and Umuahia while the development of Ohafia into a modern city will witness greater investment from the state government.
5. Hospital Management Board will be rejigged for greater efficiency and a lot of focus will be given to Abia State Teaching Hospital, Aba, including total reconstruction of the road leading to the institution along with introduction of a new facility management system that will end the era of revenue leakages and promote technology driven health management.
5. Enyimba Economic City project will be accelerated to ensure that we realize the target of creating 700,000 jobs for our young graduates and others.
6. The Nibra Leather City at Obuaku will be ready to commence automated shoe making in December 2019. The investors, led by the Abiola family, are ready to accelerate work.
7. A new automated shoemaking factory will roll off with the 30 shoe making argonauts who returned from training in China as the pivot. We expect them to lead the shoe making revolution in Aba along with others already in the business.
8. A new sanitation regime will be launched this year to ensure that we not only keep our homes and cities clean but also make money from the waste generated in the state.
9. A new order is coming in Abia with young and vibrant persons driving the leadership agenda in the state while the more experienced leaders continue to support with guidance. If you are a young person of Abia origin your time to shine has come.
10. The era of touts collecting and diverting state revenue will soon be history. Full deployment of technology and innovation will drive our IGR collection efforts going forward.
FROM THE TOWER OF TRUTH